– Journal articles, newspapers, and reports covering all aspects of business. Direct company link to Hoover's company information & analysis. 1971 to present.
– Journal articles from more than 8,000 scholarly and general periodicals across all fields of study. Indexing from 1980 to present; full-text from 1989 to present. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).
Access World News
– Full text coverage of over 600 U.S. and 500 international newspapers, wire services, and news agencies. Dates of coverage varies; primarily 1990's to present.
ACLS Humanities E-Book
– A collection of high-quality full-text books in all areas of history. Over 1,700 titles and growing annually. 1900 to present.
ACM Digital Library
– A collection of citations and full text from the Association for Computing Machinery publications. Includes journal and newsletter articles and conference proceedings.
– Journal articles, books, and other sources on all aspects of agriculture and allied disciplines, including animal and veterinary sciences, entomology, plant sciences, forestry, aquaculture and fisheries, agricultural economics, and more. 1970 to present.
America: History & Life (EBSCO)
– Journal articles, books, and other resources covering history and culture, area studies, and current affairs of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. 1964 - present.
Anthropological Index Online
– Articles from journals held by The Anthropology Library at the British Museum. Covers all branches of anthropology including cultural anthropology, archaeology, biological anthropology, and linguistics. 1950's to present.
– A digital library of nearly 1.4 million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences. Images can be used for noncommercial educational and scholarly uses.
Biography and Genealogy Master Index
– References to over 3 million biographical sketches from reference sources on individuals living and deceased. Sources include biographical dictionaries, subject encyclopedias, volumes of literary criticism, and other reference sources. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).
Biography Reference Bank
– Books and journal articles covering interviews, obituaries, collections of letters, diaries, memoirs, juvenile literature, book reviews,and more of notable individuals from antiquity to the present. 1984 to present.
– Over 80 full-text journals published by small societies and non-commercial publishers. Emphasis on plant, animal, and ecological research. Limited coverage of biomedical, cellular, or molecular biology literature, especially as it relates to humans.
Birds of North America
– Provides detailed scientific information for each of the 716 species of birds nesting in the USA and Canada. Account contents are updated frequently, with online-coordinated contributions from researchers, citizen scientists, and designated reviewers and editors.
Britannica Online Academic Edition
– Enhanced version of a classic encyclopedia. Over 120,000 entries, with integrated magazine and journal articles, images, videos, and selective Web sites.
Business & Company ProFile ASAP
– Journals, newspapers, and other resources dealing with information on companies, markets and industries, including market trends, mergers and acquisitions to current management theory and company overviews. 1980 to present.
CAMIO: Catalog for Art Images Online
– High quality art images from the collections of approximately 24 prominent museums. All images are approved for educational use. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).
CINAHL Plus with Full Text
– Journals, books, and other resources on subjects including nursing, emergency services, nutrition, occupational therapy, physical therapy, optometry, public health, speech-language pathology & audiology, and surgical technology. 1937 to present.
– Reports, reviews, etc, on healthcare interventions. Provides evidence for and against the effectiveness and appropriateness of treatments (medications, surgery, education, etc) in specific circumstances.
– Journal articles about the computer, electronics, and telecommunications industries. Coverage includes detailed information about the evaluation, purchase, use, and support of computer and other electronic products. 1982 to present. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).
– In-depth, non-biased reports on political and social issues, with regular coverage of topics in health, international affairs, education, the environment, technology and the U.S. economy.
– Weekly coverage of issues in the U.S. Congress and Washington.
CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
– Provides broad coverage of all types of physical science data--melting points, boiling points, heat capacity, vapor pressure, etc.--commonly encountered by scientists and engineers.
– Currently more than 26,000 downloadable academic books. Over 10,000 new titles added each year.
– Journal articles, books, and other resources relating to education--from early childhood to higher education. Views 'education' very broadly and covers areas such as outdoor education, corporate training, speech language therapy, etc. 1966 to present.
– Provides detailed country surveys containing the latest analytical, statistical and directory data available for over 250 countries and territories.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
– Over 2 dozen scholarly reference books across a variety of subjects. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).
– Journal, magazine, and news articles from over 9,000 general and scholarly periodicals. Indexing 1980 to present; full-text 1983 to present. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org)
– Journal articles, books, and other resources across many subjects. Provides a "cited by" feature to indicate other papers containing a source paper as a reference.
GPO Monthly Catalog
– Provides types of U.S. government documents. Included in the GPO database are congressional reports, hearings, debates, and records; judiciary materials and documents issued by executive departments.
– A collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Draws on the connections between the environment and a variety of disciplines such as agriculture, education, law, health and technology.
Health Reference Center Academic
– Journal articles, books, and other resources related to nursing, allied health, and personal health information. 1980 to present.
– HeritageQuest Online includes all of the images, and extensive indexing, from the 1790 - 1930 U.S. federal censuses. It offers more than 22,000 digitized book titles, including early family histories and local histories. Additionally, there are more than 250 primary-source documents such as tax lists, city directories, probate records and more.
– Complete, searchable, full text articles from over 1,000 core scholarly journals. 1878 to the most recent 1-5 years (varies by title).
– Over 875 journals, newspapers, and other resources relating to the field of law. 1980 to present. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan Electronic Library (http://mel.org).
Literature Resource Center
– Full text access to three key resources--Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism, and Dictionary of Literary Biography--along with over 300 journals, a variety of other important reference works, and selected Web sites. 1991 to present.
– Journals, books, and other resources containing new contributions to mathematical research. In addition, includes data on advanced-level textbooks and expository papers that may not contain new research, but are of interest to scholars and research mathematicians.1940 to present.
– The Michigan eLibrary Catalog is a catalog of the books, audios, and videos from approximately 250 Michigan libraries that you can request for pick-up at Olson Library. Use MeLCat to quickly request items not owned by NMU or NMU-owned items checked out to another user.
Mental Measurements Yearbook
– Contains descriptive information and critical reviews of more than 2,200 commercially-available tests in categories such as personality, developmental, behavioral assessment, neuropsychological, achievement, intelligence and aptitude, educational, speech & hearing, and sensory motor.
MLA International Bibliography
– Journals, books, and other resources in the fields of literature, language, linguistics, and folklore. Also includes materials on film studies. 1926 to present.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts
– Contains journal articles, books, and other resources on the subjects of corrections, courts, drugs, law enforcement, juvenile justice, crime statistics, domestic preparedness, and victims. 1970 to the present.
– Contains theses completed by NMU master's students. Fall 2006 to present.
NMU's Library Catalog
– Provides the books, periodicals, and audiovisual materials available in Olson Library.
Oxford Art Online
– Includes the Benezit Dictionary of Artists
, the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics
, The Oxford Companion to Western Art
, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms
, and Grove Art Online
, the foremost scholarly art encyclopedia covering both Western and non-Western art.
Oxford Music Online
– Includes The Oxford Companion to Music
, The Oxford Dictionary of Music
, The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians
, The New Grove Dictionary of Opera
, and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz
. There are more than 50,000 signed articles and 30,000 biographies contributed by over 6,000 scholars from around the world.
– Covers over 6 million papers published in numerous symposium, conference, exposition, workshop, and meeting proceedings.
– Journals, books, and anthologies covering scholarly works in philosophy. 1940 to present.
– Covers approximately 200,000 published symposiums, conferences, expositions, workshops and meetings.
– Sixty full text journals from the American Psychological Association and other publishers. 1985 to present.
– Full text of over 1,500 scholarly books and 23,700 book chapters by the American Psychological Association and other publishers. Subject matter covers psychology and psychiatry, and includes the 8-volume Encyclopedia of Psychology (2000).
– Journals, books, and other resources covering psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines including: anthropology, business, education, law, linguistics, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, physiology, and sociology. 1805 to present.
– Journal articles covering biomedical research and the clinical sciences including nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, allied health, and pre-clinical sciences. Also good coverage of literature in cellular and molecular biology and biochemistry. Mid 1960's to present.
Readers' Guide Retrospective
– Provides historical articles from over 375 of the leading U.S. magazines across all subjects. Coverage 1890 to 1982.
– Two separate databases: U.S. Businesses, and U.S. Consumers. U.S. Businesses contains accurate, verified data on 14 million public & private firms, including parent & branches. U.S. Consumers contains records for 203 million people. ReferenceUSA is great for researching companies, market research, or locating people. Continuously updated and current.
Royal Society of Chemistry
– Full text of over 45 journals published by the Royal Society of Chemistry. The journals cover all aspects of chemistry. 1841 to 1996.
– Science.gov searches over 38 databases and 1,950 selected websites, offering 200 million pages of authoritative U.S. government science information, including research and development results.
Social Services Abstracts
– Journal articles and other resources focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development. 1979 to present.
– Journal articles, books, and other resources on all aspects of sociology and related disciplines. Subjects include demography, environmental interactions, family and social welfare, social psychology, human biology, women's studies, health, medicine, law, etc. 1952 to present; abstracts since 1974.
– Journals, books, and other resources on sports medicine, exercise physiology, biomechanics, training techniques, coaching, physical education, and more. 1859 to present.
– A collection of many core full-text health, nursing, and medical sciences reference books & textbooks.
Westlaw Campus Research
– Provides access to a variety of legal information, including federal and state case law, the United States Code Annotated, the Code of Federal Regulations, the Federal Register, state statutes and administrative codes, and more. Also included are 900 law journals and reviews.
WorldCat (OCLC FirstSearch)
– A catalog of books, sound recordings, artwork, and other resources from over 40,000 libraries. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).