Gale Virtual Reference Library
– Over 2 dozen scholarly reference books across a variety of subjects. Brought to you by the State of Michigan via the Michigan eLibrary (http://mel.org).
– Journal articles, books, and other resources across many subjects. Provides a "cited by" feature to indicate other papers containing a source paper as a reference.
– Complete, searchable, full text articles from over 1,000 core scholarly journals. 1878 to the most recent 1-5 years (varies by title).
– Full text of over 1,500 scholarly books and 23,700 book chapters by the American Psychological Association and other publishers. Subject matter covers psychology and psychiatry, and includes the 8-volume Encyclopedia of Psychology (2000).
– Journals, books, and other resources covering psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines including: anthropology, business, education, law, linguistics, medicine, nursing, pharmacology, physiology, and sociology. 1805 to present.
Social Services Abstracts
– Journal articles and other resources focused on social work, human services, and related areas, including social welfare, social policy, and community development. 1979 to present.
– Journal articles, books, and other resources on all aspects of sociology and related disciplines. Subjects include demography, environmental interactions, family and social welfare, social psychology, human biology, women's studies, health, medicine, law, etc. 1952 to present; abstracts since 1974.