Configuring Laptops for Double-Sided Printing
- Click the Start Button, and then click on Devices and Printers.
- Right click on the icon for the Library Laser printer and select Printer properties from the list of options.
- If the Change Properties button displays in the General tab, click it to allow changes.
- Select the Device Settings tab, go to Duplex Unit (for 2-sided Printing) and click on the Not Installed link to change this to Installed.
- Click Apply, and then OK to close the Properties dialog box.
- Back in the Devices and Printers window, right click on the icon for the Library Laser printer again and select Printing preferences from the list of options.
- Select the Finishing tab and click the checkbox next to Print on Both Sides.
- Enter a Quick Set name (such as Duplex Printing) in the Print Task Quick Sets box and click the Save button.
- Click Apply before clicking the OK button.
- You can change between single-sided and double-sided at any time by clicking the Properties button in the Print dialog box and selecting the desired setting in the Print Task Quick Sets pull-down menu, and then clicking OK.
- Select "print" from within the file you wish to print
- From the print screen, under printer select "Library Laser"
Change the "Copies & Pages" option to "Layout"
- Change the "Two-sided" option to "Long-Edge binding "
- If you wish to save these settings so that duplex printing is always an option in the future, under "Presets" select "Save Current Settings as Preset"
- Name the preset anything you want and select "All printers" in which to assign this preset.